These categories are meant to broaden our appreciation for what is being done in our community from the smallest gesture to international efforts:
**There will be two winners in each category who will receive $700.00 each, to be used for the advancement of academics or social enterprise in line with the values of Youth Ottawa**
ACADEMIC PERSEVERANCE AWARD
Awarded to an individual who has shown a passion and demonstrated perseverance for their academics. Examples:
- Has gone above and beyond to succeed in academics
- Shares their passion of academics to benefit others
- Has overcome obstacles to persist in education
SERVICE & CARING AWARD
Awarded to an individual who helps others and their community.
- Volunteers their time throughout the community
- Acts in good will to help others
- Promotes community compassion in personal way
ENTREPRENEURSHIP and innovation AWARD
Awarded to an individual who has utilized his or her talents and efforts to make a difference in society, locally, nationally or globally.
- Demonstrates innovation and initiative in working towards an entrepreneurial or social change goal
- Exhibits inspirational leadership in project management
- Managed an entrepreneurial or innovative project for profit or for a charitable cause
ARTS AND CULTURE arts and culture
Awarded to a local young artist building community through one or more of the following areas: vocal, visual arts, music, dance, and theatre/drama
- Helps others through a passion for the arts
- Demonstrates commitment and drive while pursuing the arts
- Displays exceptional creativity and inspiration through the chosen art medium
Strength through diversity awards
Awarded to an individual who has played a key role in addressing issues of equity and inclusivity in school or the greater community.
- Showed strength and resilience in overcoming personal experiences of being treated inequitably
- Raised community awareness about issues of inequity and intolerance
- Demonstrated leadership in working to overcome discrimination and inequity in the community
TAKES A STAND AWARD
Awarded to an individual who has demonstrated leadership, courage, and creativity while advocating for social justice and positive change locally, nationally, or globally.
- Mobilizes peers to stand up for the rights of vulnerable peoples
- Uses creative means, including the arts and technology, to engage youth in advocacy
MAX KEEPING AWARD FOR PERSONAL COURAGE
Awarded to an individual who has demonstrated a tremendous passion for life by overcoming personal obstacles.
- Demonstrated hope and determination in the face of personal challenges
- Is a vibrant and optimistic member of the community
- Serves as an inspiration of persistence for all those around him/ her